Mechanical Engineer (Burbank, CA)
A Mechanical Engineer is sought by an engineering company in Burbank, CA to perform the following duties:
- Design, develop, evaluate and review market-leading HVAC systems;
- Select HVAC equipment including chillers, pumps, AHU, outdoor condensing units, fan coil units and fans;
- Develop, evaluate, review, and approve design of products using detail drawings and 3D computer-assisted design (CAD) models for production;
- Calculate the thermal loads and establish the energy models for commercial buildings using EnergyPro;
- Control product costs and design-in cost efficiency (design for manufacturability);
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification;
- Assist with senior engineers to finish 325 Maple-Existing 100,000 SF low rise office building with parking garage aside (Corn & Shell, VRF System), Comerstone-10 ground up new low rise buildings with an area of about 450,000 SF (Corn & Shell, VRF System);
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures and provide technical information;
- Review products drawings, schematics, or reports for conformance with engineering standards, laws and regulations;
- Conduct formal design reviews for specifications, schematics, layouts, and firmware;
- Analyze, design, prototype, and complete final production of products.
- Test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation, and performance of existing and new HVAC systems and other products;
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions.
Required Skills and Qualities:
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other closely related major;
- Proficient in MATLAB, Visual Basic, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Revit, Java, C++, STAR-CCM+;
- Certified Engineer-In-Training (EIT/FE);
- Knowing in 3D computer-assisted design (CAD) models;
- Knowing in EnergyPro to establish the energy models;
- Knowing in electronics, plumbing, and HVAC maintenance;
- Knowing in generating removal algorithm and programming remote controller;
- Strong understanding of object oriented methodologies and design patterns;
- Familiar with Hydrogen Turbine Design and Analysis, especially analyse CFD performance in STAR-CCM+;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of programming theory, and excellent debugging skills.
- Be able to work in an Agile environment.
Apply to ARC Engineering, Inc. 277 S. Lake Street, Burbank, CA 91502